Coming soon: Lunar Destiny Early Access!
Before you begin your empire, you must learn to survive! What happens when you find out you are all alone with not enough food, air, water, and shelter after a horrible accident? Use your ingenuity to survive another day. The first Lunar Destiny game (v.1) will make you a hero – or a zero.
Later you’ll return to the Moon and be able to do some cool stuff including the following in v.2:
- Compete for land to prospect via rover racing
- Explore for lunar resources using an advanced rover
- Build habitats, storage units, processing plants, and other structures
- Process mined resources and send them away towards Earth to earn money so you can upgrade your equipment
- Deal with physical and human hazards while growing your empire
Lunar Destiny will be Oculus Rift and Google Cardboard compatible for all versions! Players can free roam or start achieving basic objectives, your choice.
Once we release our initial alpha, players can expect to get enhancements on a frequent basis. We want your input!
You’re probably familiar with the Kerbal Space Program (KSP). They reinvented how games should be developed, with early and often alpha releases involving as many users as possible. This ‘Agile’ development process produces a playable, self-contained release every few weeks. Once our initial alpha (v.1) is out (targeting late July 2015), we will be producing monthly updates and regular releases. Early access players will have direct input into what gets developed all along!
Lunar Destiny v.1 starts with survival. You’re the sole survivor of a mining accident at Shackleton crater and you have a limited amount of resources to turn into drinkable water, breathable air, protective shelter, and usable power that you’ll need to last until the rescue ship arrives. Do you have the knowledge and ability to make it? If you do, you’re an instant hero and when people return to the Moon for good, you’re in high demand!
Lunar Destiny v.2 will focus on the start of the civilization building phase that takes place about 4 years after the Shackleton disaster. Here is a sample of our planned gameplay functionality for this version:
- custom rover racing for land to mine with upgradable rovers
- create a variety of new structures from habitats to plants to process your finds
- many pre-built structures to choose from
- new equipment and treasures to find
- key moon information available via advanced HUD
- improved first person, third person, and real-time strategy experience
- explore and mine a variety of new resources
- process and transport resources to up your capabilities
- leaderboard to keep tabs on your competition
- improved gameplay experience with Oculus Rift and Google Cardboard
Early access players will get the chance to try out each of these newer features as they enter into the game.
A select group of 240 Lunar Destiny supporters can get an early access copy of the game and send an item directly to the Moon! Why 240? That’s how many dime-sized, paper pieces fit into an 1-inch Astrobotic MoonMail, which will ride to the Moon on the Astrobotic Griffin lander. 240 is meaningful in another way. The average distance from the Earth to the Moon is about 240,000 miles! Be a part of this select 240 To The Moon group.
Ordering is easy! We use Paypal to make it easy for you to pay by check, credit, or any means. We will acknowledge your order to your email within 2 business days. The donation you make today may be tax deductible too!